Further Up and Further In

The Deeper Magic of Time Before Dawn has called me, a mere child, to join it. Further up and further in I must go!

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Entry One

"It means," said Aslan, "that though the Witch knew the Deep Magic, there is a magic deeper still which she did not know. Her knowledge goes back only to the dawn of time. But if she chould have looked a little further back, into the stillness and the darkness before Time dawned, she would have read there a different incantation. She would have known that when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was kissed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death iself would start working backward. And now--"
"Oh yes. Now?" said Lucy, jumping up and clapping her hands.
"Oh, children," said the Lion, "I feel my strength coming back to me. Oh, children, catch me if you can!"
--The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

"Then [Aslan] breathed upon me and took away the trembling from my limbs and caused me to stand upon my feet. And after that, he said not much but that we should meet again, and I must go further up and further in. Then he turned him about in a storm and flurry of gold and was gone suddenly.
"And since then, O Kings and Ladies, I have been wandering to find him and my happiness is so great that it even weakens me like a wound. And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me, Beloved, me who am but as a dog--"
--The Last Battle

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Hello, you blogger girl!! This is awesome! Keep it up. I am just posting once-in-awhile on mine, hoping to eventually get "in the groove!" You are such a sweet sister! I hope we have many years going further up and further in together :)
love
Deb

July 01, 2005 6:09 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Dani Bananie! Get going on your blog, girl. I know you have so much free time -- ha ha! You should write some of your funny stories of this first year teaching. You crack me up all the time -- post them for others to smile too :)
Deb

September 04, 2005 3:11 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

More, more, more!
I demand more!
Sister :)

December 04, 2005 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home